Tuesday, August 25, 2015

so things are pretty awesome

Okay, so my first few days in Japan have been pretty awesome.

I arrived at Kansai International on Monday evening expecting only to see a couple of people, but was surprised by at least 10. There was my host mom and dad, of course, and a lot of Rotary people. They were all very nice.

My host family is good people. Unfortunately I can't talk with my host mom and sister like I can with my host father, but I'm working on that. They have a cute little dog called An-chan.

Yesterday I went out with my host father, and we went to go take a look at the Wakayama Castle, which was gorgeous. And it's nearby, too. I'll post some of the pictures I took as soon as I get an adapter for my computer.

4 comments:

  1. I'm working through the whole "...as soon as I get an adapter for my computer" comment. What the hell? You left with 800lbs of stuff, was there no adapter in that pile? I thought you said you could plug the computer into the wall. Also, ask your host mom and sister to give you Japanese lessons, starting with how to say "Do you carry adapters for American computers that are actually manufactured in Japan?".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Grace! I really wanted to know for sure that you had met with your host family and rotary. That's so cool that you had so many people to greet you! That's a good sign. Thanks for posting. Can't wait for the pictures. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, not sure if my first post worked so am posting again.

    Keep your posts coming. I need to live vicariously through your fabulous adventure xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dad is so silly. Enjoy this wonderful opportunity and I look forward to seeing photos and hearing about your adventures. Have FUN!

    ReplyDelete