Thursday, August 27, 2015

School

So yesterday was my first day of school.

I have to take a train to get there--or rather, two trains; there's a changeover. They're pretty neat, and way different than the trains in Chicago. I'll take some pictures and post them later.

I got my uniform when I went to school. I didn't know how to tie the tie, though, so when I got to class one of the girls helped me.



They're all really nice, the people in my class. They were very patient with me; I was a little frustrated I couldn't communicate with them very well. Luckily the subjects we're learning about (besides Old Japanese Literature) are ones I've done before (you think Physics is hard? You haven't tried Physics in Japanese).

I had a bento for lunch. It was adorable and delicious. I'm really glad I learned how to use chopsticks before I came to Japan, though.

Gym class was RIDICULOUS, my goodness. There were some very strange stretches we had to do before we did anything. There wasn't any running--I think I'd have melted if there was--but there were enormous jump ropes the entire class had to jump in. It was fun though.

I also happened to join the brass band club. Which, HOLY CRAP, was amazing. Imagine a band where every person practices their music AND tunes perfectly with everyone else. It was glorious.

3 comments:

  1. You look adorable! So glad you are in the band. Keep the posts going....Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty in Pink:) They kind of remind me of what we had to wear at our Catholic grade school, St. Eulalia - but blue and white instead. And we had special snap on ties to make it easy. Leave it to the Japanese to add origami to your daily dressing routine. Do the boys wear light blue shirts:) Maybe you can get a recording of your practice some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With as out of shape as I am, I don't think a Japanese gym class would agree with me XD

    ReplyDelete