Friday, September 11, 2015

Sports day

So, today was sports day at school! Which meant yay, no classes.

I left at 6:25 this morning rather than my usual 7:10 because brass band was meeting early, and it takes give or take an hour to get to school. We practiced until around 9:00, at which point we played the same March about five times as the rest of the kids marched around the baseball field. It was a little better than playing Pomp and Circumstance at graduation, simply because the part was more interesting.



The rest of the day was dedicated to sports events, like these. I did the giant jump rope with my class, and an event where you toss a bunch of balls into a basket high above your head. Its like basketball, only more literal.

Other than a truly epic sunburn, the day was really fun. Apparently it's one of the biggest events in the entire school, besides the school festival, which is next week. I'm going to ask a friend to record the brass band performance so I can post it here. Here's some pictures of me and some friends at the event!



(Side note--everyone wanted a picture with the American exchange student. It was pretty funny. I even had a few kohai run up to me for one.)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting! Fun to see pictures of you with the other students. I did have trouble viewing the vid. Maybe dad can fix it so we can see it. Now what is the meaning of the hands sign and what is a kohai? The festival next week sounds great. Love to hear about that. Thanks for posting. Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kohai is indeed underclassmen. But ma...those hand signs are just peace signs. No big mystery.

      Delete
    2. Saw the vids. That's pretty wild. I've never saw so many in one jump rope before. There's a lot of noise. It MUST be fun. Mom

      Delete
  2. Hm... According to Yahoo Answers, a kohai is an underclassman. About right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures of you are cute Gracia - I couldn't view the videos either. Oh well. Possibly next time.

    ReplyDelete